The History


Seacroft Golf Club opened on 24 April 1895 when the original first tee was outside The Vine Hotel and the course had only nine holes. In 1900 it was decided to build a new 18 hole course designed by Willie Fernie of Troon and much of the present course is little changed from that design. In 1923 further land was purchased and the 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th holes were improved.

Many of the founding members of the club were from Nottingham, in those days Skegness was commonly known as Nottingham by the sea. The houses near the course were built after its conception by many of these industrialists and professional people who spent much of their leisure time at Skegness.

The original clubhouse was built in 1904 and the present clubhouse which was opened in 2005 is built on that same site.

Seacroft has hosted many matches and tournaments of distinction throughout its history and has produced its own champions, the most notable being Helen Hewlett (nee Dobson) whose magnificent amateur career may arguably never be surpassed. After turning professional in 1991 Helen went on to win in Europe and the USA and whilst now once more an amateur, Helen is frequently seen playing on the course.





Visitors To Seacroft Golf CourseGolf Membership at SeacroftOnline Bookings for VisitorsMember Bookings Online